Hi everyone. I just got back from Sakhalin!




Hello everyone. I've just come back from Yuzno-Sakhalinsk. My trip was amazing! I did not expect I could find there so many interesting and unusual things, which make living on an island very different from that of the continent. First of all, I saw mountains everywhere. It's so different and romantic. Secondly, dazzlingly beautiful snow and sunshine, which are very rare things in Moscow, made me feel very good. Last but not least, fish (salmon), caviar, nuts, berries etc on the market. But more importantly - children of all over Sakhalin sitting PET. They seemed to be so brave, outgoing, trendy and beautiful. I was surprised to see them like that as I expected to observe a bit timid and humble provincial kids. On the contrary, some of them could even outshadow the Moscovites. I was pleased to realize, that I was very mistaken about their look and character. There are many Korean people in Sakhalin as well as Russians, Ukrainians and some Chinese. The last community is not big and almost all of them work as cleaners and manual workers in the same way as in Moscow some people do. Exams (PET) went well. We even managed to go skiing with Glenn Hough ( my fellow examiner)and though I fell several times on the snow, my arms and legs are safe and sound.
See you on Thursday at 2:30 pm
Minats

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Binh Chau Hot Springs & Mud Baths

June - July 2023

May 2021- Tyumen, Crimea, Ylan-Ude and more